Staff can use Google Hangouts to virtually meet people in different locations. Hangouts support both audio and video feed between multiple users.
Setting up a Google Hangout
The easiest way to set up a Google Hangout for your meeting is through your Google Calendar.
- Open your Google Calendar and click on the day you’d like to arrange your Google Hangout.
- A small dialog box will open asking for your event details. Click the ‘More Options’ button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Fill in your meeting details
- Provide a meeting title, time and description.
- Add guests who will be attending. You will have the option to notify them automatically via email.
- Use the ‘Add Conferencing’ option to create a Google Hangout link. Select ‘Google Hangouts.’
- This will automatically create a Google Meeting ID. This is a website url where the Google Hangout will take place.
- Share this Google Meeting ID with anyone who is attending the meeting. This provides a shared online space for everyone to meet at the specified time.
Joining a Google Hangout
If you’ve been invited to a Google Hangout, you should have received a Google Hangout Meeting ID. This is a url address where the meeting is taking place. Simply enter this url address into your browser or click on the link and you’ll arrive at the Google Hangout.